Tuesday 14 November 2017

All Of My Quick Writes

We have been working on quick writes! this is where you are given a topic and you have to write about it (a writing prompt) also you only have ten minutes to write this. You must have 4-6 sentences.❤


Tomato Pulp

As I opened my door out to town, all I saw was this red gloopy stuff. So I put on my gumboots and headed out to see what was happening! As I stood in the red gloop it squirted EVERYWHERE. It smelt like tomatos and I heard lots of squishing of tomatoes. So I went back home to look at the news. I read that it was the annual tomato pulp! So I joined the fun and got covered in tomatoes.
IMG_1463.JPG







The Wildest Night EVER.

As I hopped into bed all I could hear was the sound of bucketing down rain and fierce wind! I tried to turn my lamp on but they wouldn't turn on! “Must be a power cut!” I said. The wind wrapped his hands around me as if I was a squishy getting held. The wind made me cold then thunder and lightning struck. I pulled the covers over my head in shock. The next morning I woke up and there was only a little bit of wind.


Image result for stormy day
Image result for stormy day





IMG_1464.JPG
Spiderman


As I opened the door to New York City I heard some music!
I started to walk down town more confused! I kept seeing these rainbow pieces of confetti on the road. When I saw something big and red I was amazed!
As I was still staring at a big spiderman! Their was a massive crowd and I couldn't  any more see. But I could smell nice food.



IMG_1242.JPG





FIREWORKS

As I peacefully walked through town I saw BIG balloons of orange smoke in the air. I was confused, It smelled like gas and it felt like nothing. I hurried along to where the thick karaka smoke was coming from. I saw LOTS of people all gathered and looking up at the smoke. As I stayed longer I learnt that it wasn't smoke, it was fireworks for the grand opening for the new museum! It was beautiful.




1 comment:

  1. Hello Lily, you have done great work on your quickwrites those fireworks would of been amazing to watch, I don't think I would enjoy the tomato fight though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.