Monday 5 November 2018

Descriptive Writing

At the moment in class, we have been writing on descriptive writing. We have been using pictures to give us ideas of what to write about. Here is my work.


Bring Your Pet To School Day!



Hi, my name is Apple, and today was bring your pet to school day. So I brought along Terry!
When I was walking to school with Terry, sadly I created traffic jams.
There was a lot of calling out and tooting of horns. Terry and I had to quicken our pace to ease the problem. When I got to school my teacher was quite alarmed, and all of the children crowed around Terry, as his footsteps thudded around the class!

Where was I going fit Terry amongst all of these other pets? How was I going to feed him?
He could eat any of these kids pets for morning tea! Even his footsteps created a shudder through class. But to my relief, Terrys best friend arrived at school just as the bell went to ring. Both of them filled half the playground!


When Terry and I started to walk to class from morning tea, the principle quicky paced her way up to us and said, “EXCUSE ME. A dinosaur is not an appropriate animal to bring to school or... Should I say, creature, to bring to school!” “No, you call him a creature you should call him Terry,” I replied. “Well then.. You must take him home this instant!”
She told me. So I walked Terry home and apologised to Terry for the rude words he had heard
the principal say.

Terry is my pet dinosaur, but the school obviously isn't ready for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.